When a loved one dies, their estate goes through probate. This process can be lengthy and complicated, especially when selling the deceased’s property. Besides, handling everything on your own can be quite overwhelming. This is where a professional home buying company comes in handy.
Suppose you are responsible for selling a probate property in Mississippi. In that case, knowing what steps you need to take is important. This article will guide you through the entire process and make things as easy as possible. Keep Reading! Here’s what you need to know.
What is a Probate Property?
Probate property is a home or piece of real estate owned by someone who has passed away. To sell this property, the estate executor must go through a legal process called probate. Before selling your probate property, it’s important to understand the steps involved in the process.
Legalities For Selling Your Probate Property
There are a few legalities you need to consider; here are some of the most important:
1. Get The Estate’s Executor’s Permission To Sell The Property: The executor is responsible for managing the deceased’s assets and ensuring that debts are paid. If you are the executor, you can permit yourself to sell the property. If not, you will need to get permission from the court.
2. Provide A Copy Of The Death Certificate To The Buyer: You will need to provide the buyer with a copy of the death certificate. This is required to transfer ownership of the property.
3. Get An Appraisal Of The Property: You should get an appraisal of the property. This will help determine how much the property is worth and how much you should sell it.
4. Have A Clear Title To The Property: It means that there are no liens or encumbrances on the property.
5. Pay Any Outstanding Debts Or Taxes On The Property: It includes things like mortgage payments, homeowner’s insurance, and property taxes
6. Need To File A “Notice Of Sale” With The Court: This legal document lets everyone know you are selling the property.
Explore Your Options Today
Selling a probate property doesn’t have to be complicated or stressful. With the help of a professional home buying company, you can take care of all the paperwork and legalities involved. At Southern Properties United, we’ll ensure that everything is done correctly and efficiently, so you can move on with your life.
We’re the best home buyers in Biloxi, MS. We’ll work hard to get you the best price for your home and make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible. Contact us today for more information about our services or to schedule a free consultation. We would be honored to help you sell your property quickly and easily.